Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This one's for my beloved children

Yesterday while out running I discovered something.

A WHY for my life.

As most of you know, I have two beautiful children. I raise them alone, as I have for nearly seven years.

I have, forever now, recognized that it is ME that sets the example for them. I have been the only one in their lives who can really teach them what they need to know so they can make decisions based on a solid foundation of reason and thoughtful pondering.

So, for years I have "lectured" them....worked hard...lived by example...in every aspect of my life.

Girls-this is for you-this whole entire thing. Even as I share it with the world, you are first in foremost in my thoughts, heart and mind.


Understand this...your understanding of life comes through your own personal lens. As you grow up and begin to understand the world...life, love, relationships...I will share with you things that you can't possibly understand when you are small.

Here:

This place I have created is a way for me to give something concrete to you, my children, which I think, should be bound in solid form when my time is up.



Kids hear what they are able to hear based on their understanding of the world and life at THAT MOMENT.

I think there is no better a way for me to teach them the things I learn along the way. The messages which they can accept as gentle guidance as their lives grow and change. Not a road map....just good solid food for thought.

That said, look at your own kids...go hug them.

Tell them you love them...EVERYDAY even if you are angry at them.
Tell them you are PROUD of them.....every single day.

Elevate their self-esteem. They will need it in the real world.


To my friends...and those I will never meet. I certainly hope that what I have to say over time helps you in navigating your own lives as I navigate through mine.

If it sheds light or creates positive change...I am forever content.


In love and light.....Michel


No comments:

Post a Comment